Understanding the mystery of judging the Beacon Awards is as simple as clicking this link: http://bit.ly/cewEfH. ACC has posted the exact judging form used to evaluate every Beacon Award entry through first and final rounds. Judges use this form as a guide to ranking the merits and strengths of an entry and to decide whether an entry moves on.
When reading the judging form, ask yourself the questions the judges will have in mind as they evaluate your entry:
• Does the project reflect strategic thinking and careful preparation?
• Does the project demonstrate efforts to build positive relationships and/or change behavior of the intended audience(s)?
• Does the project demonstrate efforts to increase recognition of the cable industry?
• Are there measured (quantified) results or an indication of measurable results? (Examples include sales tracking, survey data, documented levels of participation, demonstrated changes in audience behavior, and media coverage.)
• Did the organization receive formal or informal credit for the project? (Examples include thank you notes, proclamations, letters to the editor, and branding on banners and signs.)
• Does project reflect creativity and innovation in the concept, use of resources and implementation?
Check out the judging form at http://bit.ly/cewEfH.